Center Manager- Psychedelic Therapies and Research
Category: Staff Positions
Department: Psychedelics Therapies and Research
Locations: San Francisco, CA
Posted: Nov 22, 2022
Closes: Open Until Filled
Position ID: 156169
About California Institute of Integral Studies:
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,600 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, and Undergraduate Studies. In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs & Performances division, including workshops, concerts, and conferences. The University provides low-cost mental health services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning counseling and acupuncture clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
This full-time staff position is at the CIIS Center for Psychedelic Therapies and Research (CPTR). The Center is in an expansion and growth phase from housing a certificate training program for medical and mental health professionals, to currently: the creation of a mental health clinic, a research study implementation, and classrooms in three locations. The Center Manager is a staff person who manages and oversees many specific administrative aspects of the activities of CPTR, with a focus on hands-on database management, class logistics, and new initiatives. This staff member serves as a key member of the CPTR team and is responsible for administering and coordinating all timelines and activities of the Center. The Center Manager works with the Director and Associate Director to implement the administrative needs of the Center and special projects throughout the year.
This staff person will be integral to the coordination and support of other staff working on three initiatives for the Center: the conducting of 3 to 4 cohorts of certificate program trainees (400 trainees planned for 2023), a psychedelic-assisted therapy clinic, and a strategic initiative project for licensing our training content to other universities.
The CPTR Center Manager has a multidimensional role, including project management with ClickUp for all class production and many team tasks, marketing (including social media in conjunction with the Communications office), managing the activities of the visiting faculty and course moderators, managing the paperwork for the creation the new mental health clinic, assisting in and implementing the infrastructure of a research study on MDMA and psilocybin, and managing the online platform (Canvas) for all training cohorts. The Center Manager leads coordinators, student workers, and contractors in timely completion of complex, multi-faceted tasks. Duties include administrative support of other initiatives such as webinars, workshops, and a symposium. Duties include team building with senior staff in clinical academic departments, CIIS clinics in the bay area and county mental health offices. For particular projects, the Center Manager might supervise our Administrative Coordinator in the future, who in turn supervises work-study students to help with various administrative duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages data systems and database for trainee, alumni, teacher, mentor, moderator, and donor information
- Manages class weekends, cohort workshops, and other events including venue, technology, vendors, refreshments, paperwork, communications, etc.
- Able to proactively anticipate and lead project planning for seasonal activities within the multifaceted activities of the Center
- Must be willing to work some nights and weekends
- Liaisons with county mental health offices, the FDA, research design consultants, instructional personnel and CIIS staff people
- Maintains project management systems to improve administrative efficiency and effectiveness: must have experience with software such as ClickUp
- Upholds the values of Beloved Community in all management activities, with dedication in interactions with staff and all stakeholders of the Center
- Key responsibility is project management of timelines for all Center activities
- Reports to Director and Associate Director weekly about efficiency and status of all functions of the Center
- Responsible for coordination of new clinic, the research study development, and classroom production scripts.
- Develops the systems for the clinic to adhere to compliance guidelines
- Coordinates with the Communications office staff on innovations and growth of the Center regarding the clinic, the research and certificate training program
- Serves as main Center contact for collaborators, researchers, alumni, and students by email, phone, and in person
- Assists the Center Director and Associate Director in the creation of a CPTR Clinical and Research Handbook
- Will supervise RAs, and student workers working on project management initiatives: mental health clinic and research study
- Trains any new Center staff members and is available to answer questions as necessary
- Once fully trained, might be asked to supervise the Administrative Coordinator
- In collaboration with CIIS Communications department and consultants, develops and maintains content and graphic quality of Center website and social media presence
- Create and implement email and social media promotion plans for events
- Maintain and update MailChimp email lists
- Create and disseminate seasonal newsletter
- In collaboration with Center Director, coordinate presentations and classes, including room, student worker, staff, moderator, and AV scheduling
- Responsible for timely organization and publication of content provided for each weekend's classes and readings on Canvas online course space
- Prepare contracts for teachers, A/V contracts and other venders
- In collaboration with the Center Director and Director of Institutional Effectiveness, analyze student, lecturer, and programmatic evaluations
- BA required. Master's degree preferred, optimally in business, psychology, or medicine
- Minimum eight years of mid-management experience in business, medical or academic settings.
- Experience in administrative aspects of clinical research, instructional design, and/or clinic coordination
- Accounting / Financial experience and/or small business management is preferred
- Demonstrated experience with database management
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Unusually meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated office management skills and expert at all levels of use in: project management software, Mailchimp, Google Drive (GSheets, GDocs, Forms), Office suite, OneDrive, Excel, PDF software, ClickUp, Hivebrite, evaluation and outcome software, and research study project management software
- Demonstrated experience with project management of multiple member teams with complex activities
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a focus on creating solutions with respect for contributions of all stakeholders
- Ability to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action
- Demonstrated collaborative skills, with calmness and grace under pressure
- Experience analyzing and interpreting complex agency policies and guidelines, protocol and research reports is a plus
- Ability to multitask effectively and work in a fast-paced environment, without compromising quality of work
- Creative and mature with a "can do", proactive attitude and continuously "scan" the environment, identifying and taking advantage of opportunities for systemic improvements for the Center's activities
- Ability to design and maintain an efficient filing, database management, and record keeping system is required.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary is commensurate with experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
Working Conditions -- Duties are performed in an office environment on-site at CIIS or the clinic, at a desk or computer terminal, Monday through Friday, as well as in the classroom for two-three previously arranged weekends each semester. Some travel may be involved to other states for classes. There may be some options for working remotely on an ongoing basis.
Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
CIIS offers a wide array of benefits, including medical, dental and vision, 401K, access to a financial advisor, two weeks' vacation, flexible spending account, pre-tax commuter benefits, tuition remission, and more.
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).