The Clinical Project Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the planning, coordination, and implementation of clinical research projects. They will also monitor and present project updates to relevant stakeholders, clients, or project team members.
COMPASS Pathways plc (Nasdaq: CMPS) is a mental health care company dedicated to accelerating patient access to evidence-based innovation in mental health. Our focus is on improving the lives of those who are suffering with mental health challenges and who are not helped by current treatments. We are pioneering the development of a new model of psilocybin therapy, in which our proprietary formulation of synthetic psilocybin, COMP360, is administered in conjunction with psychological support.
COMP360 has been designated a Breakthrough Therapy by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and has received Innovative Licensing and Access Pathway (ILAP) designation in the UK for treatment-resistant depression (TRD). We have completed a phase IIb clinical trial of psilocybin therapy for TRD, in 22 sites across Europe and North America. This was the largest randomised, controlled, double-blind psilocybin therapy clinical trial ever conducted, and our topline data showed a statistically significant (p<0.001) and clinically relevant improvement in depressive symptom severity after three weeks for patients who received a single high dose of COMP360 psilocybin with psychological support. We are also running phase II clinical trials of COMP360 psilocybin therapy for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and anorexia nervosa. COMPASS is headquartered in London, UK, with offices in New York and San Francisco in the US. Our vision is a world of mental wellbeing. www.compasspathways.com
Location: United States (Hybrid Office based in New York or San Francisco).
Reports to: The Clinical Project Manager will report to the Manager, Clinical Project Coordination.
Roles and responsibilities
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Supports members of the Clinical Operations and Therapist Training team in the planning and conduct of cross-functional clinical research projects
- Provides day-to-day operational support for all COMPASS Pathways clinical trials
- Liaises with clinical trial sites to develop and implement creative solutions to address recruitment barriers/challenges
- Works closely with external collaborators, including CROs and clinical vendors, to provide robust support to clinical trial sites
- Monitors project deliverables and updates relevant stakeholders or team members on project progress, where appropriate
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in a clinical research setting
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and, written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of the key elements of clinical trial operations
- Experience in Pharma/Biotech, CRO and/or academic research is essential
- An inquiring mind and great enthusiasm to work in an exciting and fast-moving environment
- Aligned to our company mission and values of Compassionate, Bold, Rigorous and Inclusive