Reports to: COO
Curio is a psychedelics care delivery & infrastructure startup focused on remote safety monitoring and clinical outcomes for virtual Psychedelic-Assisted Coaching and Therapy (PACT). Our vision is to create the world's most cost-effective and preventive healthcare system catalyzed by psychedelic-assisted coaching and therapy (PACT).
At Curio, we're looking for people who are passionate about what we're doing: radically transforming mental healthcare by helping people succeed at overcoming despair and the inability to change in order to live more fulfilled lives. To achieve this, we're building tools and experiences in the entirely novel space of psychedelic-assisted therapy and coaching.
As a Curio Coach, you'll be able to use your coaching experience and your creativity to help us on this mission.
- Work closely with the COO and Lead Care Coordinator to provide world-class psychedelic-assisted coaching to our members.
- Participate in case consultation sessions on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate between us and referring care team members (physicians, coaches, medical systems, etc).
- Contribute to ongoing research at Curio.
This list is not exhaustive: you will have a lot of autonomy over your work and you’ll need to wear several hats!
Of note, you will succeed if you have initiative and the desire to go above and beyond for your members. We are a pioneering company and by applying to work with us, you are indicating you share our desire to shape a brand new field of health and wellness.
Why you might be excited about us
- We're working to solve a massive global problem: mental health conditions like depression, anxiety, PTSD, and OCD, which affect a quarter of the US population in any even year. If you're into health/wellness, mindfulness, and behavior change, you'll love helping build our product!
- We're very small, so you'll be able to contribute efficiently and without bureaucracy. You'll quickly have responsibility over big areas of our product and a significant equity stake in the company.
- We don't have a ton of meetings. If we can effectively solve a problem asynchronously, we do. When we do meet synchronously, you'll always have the opportunity to contribute.
- Our team has a wide range of experiences (Stanford physician, serial healthcare operator, LinkedIn engineering lead, head researcher at Calm, etc) and is excited to learn from you, too.
- We're well funded: we recently closed our initial seed round.
- You'll be able to work remotely and set your own schedule. We don't micro-manage and will help you do great work.
- We care a lot about your satisfaction and job happiness and will help you grow your role to shape a career you're excited about.
- We work hard and also highly value balanced work/life. We care about family and your own personal development and don't expect you to be always engaged with work.
Why you might not be excited about us
- We're very small and need your help to build the product and the company's culture. If you like more established companies, it's not (yet) the right time.
- Since we're an early-stage startup, projects and priorities may shift. It’s a great opportunity to learn how to manage ambiguity and change and to prioritize effectively.
- Because we are constantly evolving, you will need to have great initiative to succeed at Curio. If you are not an organized person or do not naturally hold your practice to a high standard, this is not the right place for you.
We think you’ll thrive as our Curio Coach if you:
- Have 5+ years of coaching experience.
- Have training and/or deep experience in mindfulness-based coaching, ACT, DBT, CBT, and similar practices.
- Have familiarity with psychedelics. Don’t worry if you have not worked specifically with psychedelics before. We will train every coach on our specific protocols. Note that we cannot offer experiential sessions to those coaches not located in one of our service regions (currently TX, NY, CA, and MI).
- Have a flexible schedule - our members often request times in the early evening and on some weekends, so your availability at such times is critical. You will have plenty of lead time to plan and control your schedule, however.
- You worked remotely before, or know that you'd work well with a remote team.
- You can thrive when managing ambiguity and open-ended problems.
- You are excited about a front-row seat in a fast-growing, early-stage company. Things will change a lot!
- You are a strong communicator and are happy communicating asynchronously and often so that others are up to date with you and your members’ statuses.