COMPASS Pathways plc is a mental health care company dedicated to accelerating patient access to evidence-based innovation in mental health. Our focus is on improving the lives of those who are suffering with mental health challenges and who are not helped by current treatments. We are pioneering the development of a new model of psilocybin therapy, in which our proprietary formulation of synthetic psilocybin, COMP360, is administered in conjunction with psychological support.
COMP360 has been designated a Breakthrough Therapy by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and has received Innovative Licensing and Access Pathway (ILAP) designation in the UK for treatment-resistant depression (TRD). We have completed a phase IIb clinical trial of psilocybin therapy for TRD, in 22 sites across Europe and North America. This was the largest randomised, controlled, double-blind psilocybin therapy clinical trial ever conducted, and our topline data showed a statistically significant (p<0.001) and clinically relevant improvement in depressive symptom severity after three weeks for patients who received a single high dose of COMP360 psilocybin with psychological support. We are also running a phase II clinical trial of COMP360 psilocybin therapy for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). COMPASS is headquartered in London, UK, with offices in New York and San Francisco in the US. Our vision is a world of mental wellbeing. www.compasspathways.com
Location: Home based in the United States (East Coast) or office based from New York City.
Reports to: The Director, External Reporting will report to the VP, Finance.
The Director of External Reporting will support the VP of Finance (based in London), and play an integral part in the day to day running of the business at an exciting time in the Company’s development as we prepare to seek regulatory approval for COMP360 and move into commercialization.
The Company and most senior Executives are based in London, with further teams based in various US locations, including the CFO and SVP of Investor Relations who are based in Boston area. The primarily London-based Finance team provide a centralised service for both the UK and US teams. The role is expected to be fulfilled remotely in the first instance, with potential to avail of shared office space on an ad hoc basis, depending on location. The majority of this role will involve leading SEC filing requirements, including quarterly 10Q and annual 10K filings, leading in audit reviews, supporting in FRS 102 financial statement preparation (UK statutory reporting) and technical accounting matters. The role will require flexibility, strong attention to detail and an entrepreneurial outlook.
The Company uses Netsuite as its ERP system and manages SEC filings through Workiva (preparation and submission).
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing, entrepreneurial, well-funded international biotech company. You will be working with highly experienced Leadership and Executive teams.
Roles and responsibilities
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working closely with the VP of Finance, other members of the finance function and the wider company. We encourage cross-functional working and support those who wish to gain experience beyond their immediate job description
- Preparing quarterly consolidations under US GAAP
- Preparing SEC filings, including 10Q and 10K filings, liaising with internal counsel and external accounting advisers
- Assisting in technical accounting entries and documentation, including share based payment expense
- Reviewing quarterly tax workings, prepared by external advisors
- Coordinating audits with PWC in respect of quarterly and year-end filings
- Operating most quarterly/annual financial statement close controls, under SOX standards
- Supporting the Finance Manager and accounting team in the preparation of year-end statutory FRS 102 accounts
- May fulfil additional ad hoc requests depending on business activity, including working with the Business Development team to determine impacts of potential partnerships
The successful candidate will likely have a strong academic background, and will have trained in the Big 4, with a proven track-record of working on US listed companies and an entrepreneurial outlook.
- CPA qualified (Big 4 trained)
- High quality academic background
- Operates as a self-starter and can work independently
- Attentive to detail, data integrity and accuracy
- Fast paced, ambitious, independent and with a strong work ethic
- Able to interact with colleagues across the business
- Committed to COMPASS’ ethos and values
- Biotech experience preferred but not essential