The Full Stack Software Engineer will be responsible for delivering COMPASS’s online learning platform.
The interactive platform will be used to provide theoretical and practice-based training to therapists. We want to develop a world-class platform that supports and enables therapists to be the best they can be, as we work to transform mental health care. Our emphasis is on user experience and security while maintaining best practices.
COMPASS Pathways plc (Nasdaq: CMPS) is a mental health care company dedicated to accelerating patient access to evidence-based innovation in mental health. Our focus is on improving the lives of those who are suffering with mental health challenges and who are not helped by current treatments. We are pioneering the development of a new model of psilocybin therapy, in which our proprietary formulation of synthetic psilocybin, COMP360, is administered in conjunction with psychological support.
COMP360 has been designated a Breakthrough Therapy by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and has received Innovative Licensing and Access Pathway (ILAP) designation in the UK for treatment-resistant depression (TRD). We have completed a phase IIb clinical trial of psilocybin therapy for TRD, in 22 sites across Europe and North America. This was the largest randomised, controlled, double-blind psilocybin therapy clinical trial ever conducted, and our topline data showed a statistically significant (p<0.001) and clinically relevant improvement in depressive symptom severity after three weeks for patients who received a single high dose of COMP360 psilocybin with psychological support. We are also running a phase II clinical trial of COMP360 psilocybin therapy for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). COMPASS is headquartered in London, UK, with offices in New York and San Francisco in the US. Our vision is a world of mental wellbeing. www.compasspathways.com.
Location: The role can be based in the United Kingdom or the United States.
Reports to: The Full Stack Software Engineer will report to VP, Engineering.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Own the technical part of the learning management platform, both front-end and back-end
- Ensure the system is scalable, secure and robust
- Actively contribute to product iteration and development to ensure product is delivering an excellent experience to users
- Hire, train, mentor and grow fellow engineers
- Write and ship high quality, best-practice grade code, ensure technical documentation is up to date
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Work across functional teams in the company to translate requirements into technical features, and with data scientists and analysts to develop software
- Work closely with the Therapy Research and Training Team, UI/UX designer, data scientists, and learning designer
- Experience in product software development (both front-end and back-end), will ideally have worked on a Learning Management System or within the education sector
- Language agnosticism, understanding of strengths and weaknesses of various languages, systems and frameworks
- Expert knowledge of React ecosystem
- Experience with Typescript, Next.js
- Expertise in Python and experience with other programming languages
- Good understanding of how relational DBMS (ideally Postgres) work, proficiency in SQL and query performance tuning
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code frameworks (e.g., Terraform) is a plus
- Strong analytical, project management, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate independently and in cross-functional teams under uncertainty in an entrepreneurial and rapid growth-oriented environment
- Aligned to our company mission and values of Compassionate, Bold, Rigorous and Inclusive
- Ability to work in the UK or US (London or New York offices)