Job Title: Grant Writer
Location: Remote (NYC preferred)
Heroic Hearts Project (HHP) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a mission to build a healing community that helps veterans suffering from military trauma recover and thrive by providing them with safe, supervised access to psychedelic treatments, professional coaching, and ongoing peer support.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Grant Writer will be responsible for supporting the organization’s fundraising efforts, including researching and identifying potential grant funding sources, writing and submitting grant proposals, and managing the grant application process. The successful candidate will have a strong track record of securing grants from foundations, government agencies, and other funding sources. While this role is remote, we have a preference for candidates located in proximity to New York City.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Research potential grant funding sources and identify opportunities for funding
- Write clear, compelling, and well-researched grant proposals
- Manage the grant application process, including following up on outstanding proposals, reporting on progress, and ensuring compliance with reporting requirements
- Maintain accurate records of grant submissions and outcomes
- Use critical thinking to identify grantors outside of the conventional “psychedelic space”
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as nonprofit management, English, etc
- 3+ years of experience writing grant proposals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with federal grant policies and procedures
- Experience using Salesforce to manage grant applications
- Experience with military/veteran issues and the emerging psychedelic sector
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and any examples of previous grants you have written. Please submit your documents in PDF form.
*IMPORTANT* Please include the sentence "Save Veteran Lives- Grant Writer" at the top of your Cover Letter. Applicants who submit without meeting this criteria will not be considered.