Working as part of our global Operations team, the IT Support Working Student will be based in our Berlin hub and be responsible for providing first point of contact IT support to atai employees across Europe. This position is for 10-20 hours per week.
Who we are:
atai Life Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel treatments for mental health disorders so that everyone, everywhere, can live a more fulfilled life. To achieve this, we are developing psychedelic and non-psychedelic compounds and cutting-edge digital therapeutic tools, and we are excited about anything that might mean a true leap forward for our patients. We operate a hybrid virtual/in-person working model, with most of the team spending 2-3 days in the office, and our hubs are located in Berlin, London, New York City, Boston, and San Diego.
What you will achieve:
Within your first month, you will familiarize yourself with all our IT products, collaboration tools, external vendors, and our helpdesk platform and provide hands-on support with the Berlin office.
During your first 3 months, you will be acting as the first point of contact for all IT-related issues and helpdesk requests from our offices in Europe and for all infrastructure in Berlin.
By the end of your first 6 months, you will be fully grounded in providing prompt IT technical assistance to our Europe-based employees, managing relationships with our external vendors on hardware and software purchases, and completing IT onboarding and offboarding tasks.
The specifics of your day-to-day will include:
- Serve as the first point of contact for atai employees seeking technical assistance
- Complete onboarding and offboarding tasks for our Berlin and London employees
- Perform troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on IT procedures
- Communicate with external suppliers on hardware and software purchases and deliverables for our Berlin and London offices
- Promptly escalate unresolved IT and helpdesk issues to the team
Qualifications / experience that we'd like to see:
- Excellent client service skills with a high degree of proactivity
- Knowledge of Windows 10/11 and MacOS computers/laptops
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Zoom, SharePoint and Asana
- Ideally some previous experience working on Level 1 desktop software support queries, especially Office 365
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong motivation to improve processes
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English; German language is a plus
Who will be successful in this role:
Those who succeed at atai will be strongly aligned with our values:
- ❤️ Conscious Care: We take every action in service of our ultimate goal: to heal mental health disorders for all while caring for ourselves and our team.
- 🦸 Bold Entrepreneurship: We are “loosely coupled but tightly aligned” as we strive for excellence over perfection, fast and focused to accelerate innovation for patients.
- 🧑🤝🧑 Collaborative Innovation: individuals and teams work together with good humor and no drama, valuing different perspectives and diversity of thought, background, nationality, and style.
- ✋ Radical Responsibility: We take full responsibility for our circumstances. We grow and learn from failures, always looking to improve.