Category: Staff Positions
Department: Center for Psychedelic Therapies and Research
Locations: San Francisco, CA
Posted: Oct 20, 2023
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: Full-time Non-Exempt
Position ID: 169070
About California Institute of Integral Studies:
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally recognized leader in integral education. CIIS strives to embody spirit, intellect, and wisdom in service of individuals, communities, and the earth. CIIS has an enrollment of over 2,000 students pursuing degrees and professional certificates in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and our research centers and global initiatives.
CIIS is a mosaic of faces and philosophies, and backgrounds and beliefs. Like our faculty and staff, students are intellectually engaged and socially active. Each day brings new experiences that broaden horizons and hone critical thinking. Programs, both inside the classroom and throughout the University, inspire creativity, nurture community, cultivate curiosity, and foster social good. In addition, CIIS offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs, including conversations, workshops, continuing education, and conferences and hosts a vibrant art exhibition series. The University also provides low-cost mental health services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 6 award-winning community counseling clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
CIIS strives to cultivate a culture of inclusion and belonging as part of its Seven Commitments. More than accept difference, we honor and celebrate our staff's diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. In turn, our diverse and inclusive culture brings us together in ways that empower everyone to connect, belong, and grow.
This 1.0 FTE staff position is at the CIIS Center for Psychedelic Therapies and Research (CPTR). The Center is in an expansion and growth phase from housing a certificate training program for medical and mental health professionals to: the creation of a mental health clinic, a research study implementation, and achieved an increase to 400 certificate trainees in 2023. The Logistics Coordinator is a staff person who implements administrative aspects of the activities of the CPTR certificate program, with a focus on classroom logistics. The Logistics Coordinator works with the Logistics Manager and Center Manager, who also report to the Director of Certificate Programs, to execute the needs of the in-person and online classes for the certificate program and special projects throughout the year.
The Logistics Coordinator maintains all aspects of producing our Certificate in Psychedelic-Assisted Therapies and Research program in-person and online classes. As liaison between the program and class vendors, the
Certificate Coordinator works closely with hotels, AV staff, and other vendors as well as offices on campus, coordinating essential classroom event production. The work hours are generally Monday to Friday, plus certificate training weekends in 2-3 locations, and evening classes and events. There may be some options for working remotely on an ongoing basis and will involve some in-person weekend and evening class or event support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists Logistics Manager and Center Manager in coordinating class weekends, cohort workshops, and other events including venue, technology, vendors, refreshments, paperwork, communications, etc.
- Assists with timely organization and publication of content provided for each weekend's classes and readings on Canvas online course space.
- Coordinates transportation, travel, and lodging arrangements for teachers and moderators.
- Assists in the logistics for the certificate's opening reception and graduation ceremony.
- Maintains class related documents and files; maintains the CPTR project management system (ClickUp).
- Under the guidance of the Logistics Manager and Center Manager, trains and supervises student workers and weekend assistants who help with classes.
- Must be willing to work some nights and weekends.
- Liaises with Boston and a third location staff and provides coordination support.
- Speaks with and writes to current and prospective students; responds to inquiries.
- Overall, administratively oversees and maintains certificate classes' smooth functioning: maintains course content, updates class details, takes notes at meetings, posts agendas and handouts to Canvas (online platform) course, maintains vendor contacts, participates in setup and takedown both at classes and in the office, processes and files completed contracts, maintains class files and project lists.
- Assists in coordination of new clinic, the research study, and other special projects.
- Performs additional duties as requested related to multiple projects of the Center.
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience and a BA degree
- Strong and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent skills in written communication (writing, editing, correspondence)
- Excellent oral communication skills; ability to interact with students, faculty, staff, and the outside community with diplomacy, patience, and sound judgment
- Ability to work both independently (and take initiative) and collaboratively (as part of a collegial team)
- Fully proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Dropbox, ClickUp, and strong familiarity with typical office management software programs.
- Understanding of the graduate academic environment, required professional demeanor, as well as confidentiality issues
- Strong organizational skills - to maintain an efficient office and transparent office procedures
- Office management skills, high level computer skills, and expert word processing skills
- Capacity to conduct a variety of tasks (multi-task) in a composed and professional manner
Occasional work performed alone with ability to work remotely from time-to-time. Collaboration and constant work around and with other people.
This position requires attention to detail, good memory, ability to work under deadline pressure, sitting and standing for long periods of time, oral and written communication, keyboarding for significant portions of the workday, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, reaching, patience, and tact to perform the essential functions.
WAGES AND BENEFITS
Salary based on commensurate experience with comprehensive Benefits. Salary range is $64,000 to $70,000.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Working Conditions - Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically Monday through Friday.
- Background Check - Due to the sensitivity and requirements of this position, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses, or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship - Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance - This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS strives to cultivate and preserve a culture of inclusion and belonging as part of its Seven Commitments. More than accept difference, we honor and celebrate our staff's diversity of experiences, perspectives, and identities. Together, our community creates and maintains working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, accessible, and welcoming.
CIIS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation, and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual, and bicultural students, faculty, and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI+). CIIS is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.