Logistics Coordinator - Psychedelic Therapies and Research
Category: Staff Positions
Department: Psychedelic Therapies and Research
Locations: San Francisco, CA
Posted: Jan 3, 2023
Closes: Open Until Filled
Position ID: 157440
About California Institute of Integral Studies:
The California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally recognized leader in integral education. CIIS strives to embody spirit, intellect, and wisdom in service of individuals, communities, and the earth. CIIS has an enrollment of over 1,600 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, and Undergraduate Studies.
CIIS is a mosaic of faces and philosophies, backgrounds, and beliefs. Like our faculty and staff, students are intellectually engaged and socially active. Each day brings new experiences that broaden horizons and hone critical thinking. Programs, both inside the classroom and throughout the campus, inspire creativity, nurture community, cultivate curiosity, and foster social good. In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs & Performances division, including workshops, concerts, and conferences. The University provides low-cost mental health services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning counseling clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
The California Institute of Integral Studies strives to cultivate and preserve a culture of inclusion and belonging as part of the Seven Commitments of CIIS. We don't just accept difference, we honor and celebrate our staff's diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In turn, our diverse and inclusive culture brings us together in ways that empower all of us to connect, belong, and grow in our roles.
This 1.0 FTE staff position is at the CIIS Center for Psychedelic Therapies and Research (CPTR). The Center is in an expansion and growth phase from housing a certificate training program for medical and mental health professionals to the creation of a mental health clinic, a research study implementation, and an increase to 400 certificate trainees in 2023. The Logistics Coordinator is a staff person who implements administrative aspects of the activities of the CPTR certificate program, with a focus on classroom logistics. The Logistics Coordinator works with the Logistics Manager and Center Manager, who also report to the Director of Certificate Programs, to execute the needs of the in-person and online classes for the certificate program and special projects throughout the year.
The Logistics Coordinator maintains all aspects of producing our Certificate in Psychedelic-Assisted Therapies and Research program in-person and online classes. As liaison between the program and class vendors, the Certificate Coordinator works closely with hotels, AV staff, and other vendors as well as offices on campus, coordinating essential classroom event production. The work hours are generally Monday to Friday, plus certificate training weekends in 2-3 locations, and evening classes and events. There may be some options for working remotely on an ongoing basis and will involve occasional in-person weekend and evening class or event support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists Logistics Manager and Center Manager in coordinating class weekends, cohort workshops, and other events including venue, technology, vendors, refreshments, paperwork, communications, etc.
- Assists with timely organization and publication of content provided for each weekend's classes and readings on Canvas online course space.
- Coordinates transportation, travel, and lodging arrangements for teachers and moderators.
- Assists in the logistics for the certificate's opening reception and graduation ceremony.
- Maintains class related documents and files; maintains the CPTR project management system (ClickUp).
- Under the guidance of the Logistics Manager and Center Manager, trains and supervises student workers and weekend assistants who help with classes.
- Must be willing to work some nights and weekends.
- Liaises with Boston and a third location staff person and provides coordination support.
- Speaks with and writes to current and prospective students; responds to inquiries.
- Overall, administratively maintains certificate classes' smooth functioning maintains course content, updates class details, takes notes at meetings, posts agendas and handouts to Canvas (online platform) course, maintains vendor contacts, participates in setup and takedown both at classes and in the office, processes and files completed contracts, maintains class files and project lists.
- Assists in coordination of new clinic, the research study, and other special projects.
- Performs additional duties as requested related to multiple projects of the Center.
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience and a BA degree
- Strong and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent skills in written communication (writing, editing, correspondence)
- Excellent oral communication skills: ability to interact with students, faculty, staff, and the outside community with diplomacy, patience, and sound judgment
- Ability to work both independently (and take initiative) and collaboratively (as part of a collegial team)
- Fully proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Dropbox, ClickUp, and strong familiarity with typical office management software programs.
- Understanding of the graduate academic environment, required professional demeanor, and confidentiality issues
- Strong organizational skills - to maintain an efficient office and transparent office procedures
- Office management skills, high level computer skills, and expert word processing skills
- Capacity to conduct a variety of tasks (multi-task) in a composed and professional manner
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
Working Conditions -- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday. There may be some options for working remotely on an ongoing basis and will involve occasional in-person weekend and evening class or event support.
Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses, or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.