About MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC)
MAPS PBC is pioneering a new form of mental health care, beginning with the development of MDMA-assisted therapy as an FDA-approved treatment for PTSD. MDMA-assisted therapy is a new paradigm in the treatment of mental health, combining a medicine with psychotherapy to address the root causes of PTSD. It has been designated a Breakthrough Therapy by the FDA and the results of our pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial were published in Nature Medicine and profiled on the front page of The New York Times.
MAPS PBC is a Public Benefit Corporation, with a dual mandate to generate shareholder value and public benefit. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), a non-profit working for over three decades to develop medical, legal, and cultural contexts for people to benefit from psychedelics. We are committed to continuing to lead the field of psychedelic medicine with integrity and ethics at the core.
Why work for MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC)?
- We are a diverse team that shares a deep belief in the critical need for innovation and expanded access in the treatment of mental health conditions.
- We are entrepreneurial, collaborative, and open-minded in how we approach our innovative work.
- We are a new kind of pharmaceutical company that prioritizes public benefit over profit and is committed to sustainability, accountability, and transparency.
We believe in diversity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational backgrounds, military and veteran status, religions, abilities, and perspectives. MAPS PBC values and seeks applicants who are people of color, queer, transgender, gender non-conforming, and gender fluid people. MAPS PBC strives to establish a supportive, equitable and accessible work environment.
Medical Director Executive Summary
The Medical Director will report to the Head of Clinical Science and will be the primary clinical MAPS PBC reviewer for all clinical study reports of MDMA-assisted therapy in addition to acting as the Medical Monitor for assigned clinical trials. They will partner seamlessly with Clinical Operations, Data Management, Regulatory, Biostatistics, Quality and other development functions to ensure successful development program delivery. As a leader in the Clinical Science department, the candidate will act as a mentor for junior members in the department and facilitate ongoing process improvement projects.
- Managing timelines: The Medical Director will provide clinical leadership support for all MPBC sponsored studies Clinical Study Reports working together with the CRO assuring high quality safety oversight while managing critical timelines.
- Collaborate with Clinical Operations and other stakeholders: The Medical Director will collaborate with Clinical Operations and other departments within MPBC to lead the team for assigned clinical trials, continue Process and Governance improvements and prepare the organization for inspection readiness.
- Act as a champion for high standards: The Medical Director maintains high standards of compliance, ethics, and safety, and putting study participants’ safety first.
What you bring to the role:
- Clinical degree (MD, DO, NP, PA, PharmD) with 5+ years of industry clinical development experience; both US and EU experience preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence and experience in early and late stage clinical development, preferably in psychiatric indications.
- Experience overseeing the development of study protocols and clinical study reports, study medical monitoring, safety reporting, clinical-regulatory, and quality documents.
- Independent, able to hit the ground running with minimal instruction.
- Thoughtful and intentional decision maker.
- Proven ability to develop internal relationships, as well as external relationships with clinical sites and Key Opinion Leaders
- Strong communication and presentation skills as well as an ability to communicate clearly and concisely in
- Cover letter required; incomplete applications may not be considered.
MAPS PBC is a distributed team that uses technology and periodic in-person gatherings to stay connected. We look for people who are comfortable with and skilled at remote work and collaboration.
Competitive benefit package includes:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Sick Time
- Holiday Pay
- Employer paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance (100% covered for employees + 50% for dependents)
- Employer funded mental health HRA
- Employer funded SEP IRA
- FSA/Dep Care
- Pet Insurance
- Home Office Stipend
- Wellness Wednesday/Journal Club/Yoga/Meditation and so much more!