Our Mission: Trailblaze a sustainable psychedelic industry by creating next generation psychedelic medicines, building safe, comfortable spaces for exploration, transformation and healing, and empowering people with tools to support their journey.
Our Vision: Empower anyone to ease their suffering and live life with more joy, wonder, and fulfillment.
ABOUT FIELD TRIP:
Field Trip is the world’s first integrated company in legal psychedelics. Everyday people with depression undergo major challenges, resulting in poor work functionality, trouble at school, and issues with personal relationships. Currently, conventional medications such as anti-depressants are being used to treat depression, however, 30-50% of people do not respond well to their antidepressants and decide to discontinue their medication due to the unwanted side effects. With the current and planned operations in North America, the Caribbean, and Europe, Field Trip’s goal is to become the recognized global leader in the medical and therapeutic applications of psychedelics and Ketamine. Ketamine has become a far more effective alternative in the treatment of depression, showing results that are reducing symptoms as quickly as six hours while most antidepressants take 6 weeks to notice their full potential. At Field Trip, our mission is to heal the sick, and better the well through therapeutic psychedelics. We are a first-of-its-kind venture that is blending operational execution with strategic investing across all aspects of the psychedelics value chain — from basic research on botanical psychedelics to the operation of world-class clinics focused on psychedelic-assisted therapies.
Being at the forefront of the client’s experience, as the Medical Office Administrator will be the gatekeeper of the space, ensuring the clinic is a welcoming and supportive environment at all times, in line with our set & setting methodology. Your objective of containing the space will start with receiving clients and providing them with the best experience while ensuring every detail in the clinic is ready and supportive of their journey.
Located in Washington, DC next to the White House, the Medical Office Administrator (MOA) is the primary point of contact for clients and visitors to the clinic(s) and will act as a client care ambassador for the duration of their appointment. The Medical Office Administrator (MOA) ensures clinic days run smoothly, assists patients during their appointments, provides information about the clinic and the company to visitors and clients, and maintains the day-to-day upkeep of the office, including inventory management. This position will start as part-time 3 days a week with the opportunity to move into full-time.
- Ensure the client is welcomed in the space and feeling as comfortable as possible; as well as feeling safe and supported as they leave the clinic.
- Manage the front desk by welcoming & checking in clients and visitors, responding to emails and calls, and scheduling appointments
- Maintain patient files, records, and process payments/invoices
- Maintain the clinic’s organization and upkeep as per the design team’s SOP
- Responsible for communicating, coordinating and scheduling with all clinic services including contracting, maintenance, deliveries, and repairs
- Ensure clinic’s supplies are in stock and clinic’s upkeep is pristine
- Manage clinic expenses (excluding rent/utilities)
- Assist clinic manager & clinical staff with hosting events and other clinic activities
- Enter and format electronically based medical reports and correspondence for review by practitioners
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
We’re looking for a client ambassador who is keen on client care and delivering a concierge level service to ensure the clinic’s setting, organization and environment are ready to welcome clients and support their experience as per our Field Trip Health promise. To do that you need to be equipped with the following:
- 2 years of medical office experience, including EMR or equivalent
- High attention to details
- High level of empathy and client focused mentality
- High emotional intelligence allowing you to understand and respect the client’s journey including a particular attention to maintaining client’s confidentiality and adherence to provincial and federal confidentiality laws and requirements
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- Flexible, adaptable and have an entrepreneurial spirit, that will enable you to become a driver in the team and contribute to the success of the clinic and team engagement
- Data entry and medical transcription an asset
- Superior communication and active listening skills
- Conflict resolution and crisis management skills preferred
- Desire to be an integral part of a rapidly growing team dedicated to transforming the mental health care system.