MAPS PBC is pioneering a new form of mental health care, beginning with the development of MDMA-assisted therapy as an FDA-approved treatment for PTSD. MDMA-assisted therapy is a new paradigm in the treatment of mental health, combining a medicine with psychotherapy to address the root causes of PTSD. It has been designated a Breakthrough Therapyby the FDA and the results of our pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial were published in Nature Medicine and profiled on the front page of The New York Times.
MAPS PBC is a Public Benefit Corporation, with a dual mandate to generate shareholder value and public benefit. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), a non-profit working for over three decades to develop medical, legal, and cultural contexts for people to benefit from psychedelics. We are committed to continuing to lead the field of psychedelic medicine with integrity and ethics at the core.
Why work for MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC)?
· We are a diverse team that shares a deep belief in the critical need for innovation and expanded access in the treatment of mental health conditions.
· We are entrepreneurial, collaborative, and open-minded in how we approach our innovative work.
· We are a new kind of pharmaceutical company that prioritizes public benefit over profit and is committed to sustainability, accountability, and transparency.
We believe in diversity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational backgrounds, military and veteran status, religions, abilities, and perspectives. MAPS PBC values and seeks applicants who are people of color, queer, transgender, gender non-conforming, and gender fluid people. MAPS PBC strives to establish a supportive, equitable and accessible work environment.
Medical Outcomes Liaison Executive Summary
The Medical Outcomes Liaison (MOL) is a field-based Medical Affairs professional who serves a key role in engaging with national and regional population-based decision-makers (PBDMs) to strategically support MAPS PBC scientific and business objectives. The MOL is responsible for leveraging their scientific expertise, experience, and knowledge of managed care, health policy, and pharmacoeconomics to engage in scientific and health economics discussions with PBDM audiences including, but not limited to, national and regional payors, pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), integrated delivery networks (IDNs) and health systems.
- Strategic Vision: The MOL will develop and execute MAPS PBC’s Health Economic Outcomes Research (HEOR) strategy by collaborating with internal Medical Affairs and Market Access partners to ensure strategic alignment and support a PBDM engagement plan that will deliver exceptional customer experiences. They will collaborate with PBDMs to understand their information needs regarding management strategies, scientific priorities, evidence needs, decision-making processes, and clinical perspectives on MAPS PBC products, disease states, and research, and will utilize available resources to meet PBDMs’ needs. The MOL will gather and share customer insights to help inform Medical Affairs, Market Access, and brand strategies.
- Payor Engagement: The MOL is the first-line strategic and tactical Medical Affairs point of contact for national, regional, and governmental PBDMs. They will utilize clinical, value, and outcomes evidence including observational research, comparative effectiveness, and pharmacoeconomic data to partner with PBDMs to address their needs in support of MAPS PBC products and related therapies. Develop and maintain peer-to-peer collaborations and relationships with PBDMs.
- Expertise: The MOL will attend HEOR and Managed Markets conferences to present data, attend relevant scientific sessions and professionally network and build relationships in the HEOR and Managed Markets professional community. They will maintain deep market and customer knowledge in an increasingly complex and dynamic healthcare ecosystem.
- Advanced degree from an accredited institution. PharmD, MD, DO, or PhD preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a Managed Care/PBM, VA/DoD, CMS, State Medicaid, health care consulting, pharmaceutical industry, or related environment with a track record of success in a compliant and professional manner.
- Excellent knowledge and command of clinical trial design and methodology, observational study designs, epidemiology, biostatistics, value frameworks, and health economic principles.
- Thorough knowledge of FDA guidance on advertising and promotion of prescription drugs and medical devices, safe harbor, scientific exchange, and PhRMA code.
- Ability to interpret scientific data, understand the potential impact of scientific data on clinical approaches and research needs, and communicate scientific data to broad audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; superior presentation and public speaking skills; ability to present complex information in an accessible way.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to think strategically about how territory tactics will affect department initiatives and outcomes.
- Experience in CNS, psychiatry, or psychology preferred.
MAPS PBC is a distributed team that uses technology and periodic in-person gatherings to stay connected. We look for people who are comfortable with and skilled at remote work and collaboration.
Competitive benefit package includes:
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Employer paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance (100% covered for employees + 50% for dependents)
Employer funded mental health HRA
Employer funded SEP IRA
Home Office Stipend
Conscious culture offering guided meditations, yoga and psychedelic ecosystem dialogues