Our Mission: Trailblaze a sustainable psychedelic industry by creating next-generation psychedelic medicines, building safe, comfortable spaces for exploration, transformation, and healing, and empowering people with tools to support their journey.
Our Vision: Empower anyone to ease their suffering and live life with more joy, wonder, and fulfillment.
About the Position
Exciting opportunity to join our team at Field Trip Health in Fredericton, NB! We’re looking for a Nurse Practitioner (adult, family, or psych) to join our innovative psychedelic psychotherapy practice. We are looking for a clinician with a patient-centered approach and who is well organized, has strong interpersonal skills, and exceptional bedside manner. Special consideration is given to those with a passion for the healing potential of mind/body modalities and/or non-ordinary states of consciousness and a desire to learn and grow within this emerging field. Training will be provided. Relocation Assistance will be provided.
We recently opened a clinic in Fredericton, where we are seeing life-changing results from our clients. This is your chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Field Trip is currently offering ketamine-assisted psychotherapy with the vision of incorporating other psychedelic therapeutics once FDA expanded access is granted.
Ketamine is emerging as an effective option in the treatment of depression, anxiety, PTSD, and other mental health issues. Our treatment philosophy is an integrative, collaborative approach emphasizing the importance of therapeutic alliances, cultivating self-agency, and creating optimal conditions through the set and setting to support a person’s inner healing intelligence. We believe that the biochemical antidepressant and neuroplastic properties of ketamine are amplified when a person is well prepared for their journey and results maximized when there is space for new insights and perspectives to be integrated into their narratives.
The Nurse Practitioner is a core member of the medical team and serves as the main prescriber, administrator, and medical monitor during exploratory (dosing) sessions. Once a person is cleared by the psychiatrist/PMHNP for treatment, the NP will work closely with the therapist throughout the course of treatment.
The NP’s primary responsibilities will be to medically screen patients for appropriateness for KAP, perform brief medical intakes at each dosing session, provide informed consent for ketamine treatment, and prescribe/dose/administer/monitor ketamine.
Teamwork and interpersonal skills are essential to the role and the ideal candidate is solutions-focused and comfortable working independently. Training and supervision will be provided by the site Clinic Manager, Senior VP Medical Director, and VP of Clinical Team.
- Collaborate with clinic leadership and team members
- Follow up on medical collateral if needed
- Dose/administer/monitor ketamine treatment (training provided)
- Order, properly store, and log ketamine in accordance with DEA Schedule III drug guidelines
- Order and track inventory for medications other than ketamine, including legend drugs and OTC medications
- Provide informed consent to patients receiving ketamine
- Monitor patients including taking vital signs and managing potential side effects
- Uphold HIPAA laws and maintain patient files and other sensitive information.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external training and continuing education initiatives
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- Contribute to ongoing projects during clinic downtime
- Participate in the onboarding of new team members
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 2 years of recent clinical experience. Exceptions may be made for the right candidate
- Bring a mindful presence to patient care
- Experience working in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team
- Integrated, lived experiences informing clinical competencies are acknowledged and welcomed
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current registration in good standing with state licensing body
- CPR and ACLS certification required
- A client-centered, trauma-informed approach to care
- Desire to be an integral part of a rapidly growing team dedicated to transforming the mental health care system.
- Can rapidly establish deep rapport with a significant variety of people
- Authentic, focused presence, intuitive sensitivity, warmth, respect/appreciate different life trajectories.
- Enjoys being part of something new and not uncomfortable with evolving processes
- Experience with adversity and an active commitment to personal growth
- Understanding of the physical and psychological effects of psychedelics, including ketamine (training provided)
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Works well independently and is solutions-oriented
- Passion for learning