Psychedelic Peer Support Line Part-Time Supervisor
at Fireside Project
Remote, United States only
Do you love teaching the art and skill of providing emotional support? Do you believe that many of the rigorous principles of clinical training can be applied to training peer-support specialists? Do you have a robust, expansive view about what psychedelic peer support is and can be? Come grow your career with us!
ABOUT FIRESIDE PROJECT
Our Mission: Our mission is to help people minimize the risks and fulfill the potential of their psychedelic experiences.
What We Do: Fireside Project is a non-profit organization that operates the Psychedelic Peer Support Line. The peer-support specialists on our Psychedelic Peer Support Line offer real-time support during and after psychedelic experiences. Callers who are military veterans, BIPOC, and/or transgender have the choice to speak to a peer-support specialist sharing their identity.
Our Impact: Fireside Project Health has supported 9,000 people in the past two years and trained hundreds of aspiring psychedelic practitioners.
Supervisors are responsible for teaching volunteers how to provide high-quality peer support. Supervisors also ensure that volunteers comply with Fireside Project’s policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Supervisors directly supervise and mentor volunteers. Supervisors foster a healthy learning and growing environment for volunteers.
● Supervisors regularly observe volunteers’ conversations and provide feedback afterwards.
● Supervisors are also responsible for ensuring that volunteers comply with protocols.
● Supervisors also handle calls themselves depending on call volume or if asked by a volunteer.
● Supervisors play a direct role in the onboarding (reviewing of applications and interview process) and training of volunteers.
● You are a clinician in the field of psychology (e.g., MFT, LCSW, LPC, PsyD) or you have completed your clinical degree and are working towards licensure
● You have 3+ years of experience teaching others how to provide emotional support
● You have 2+ years of experience providing peer support
● You possess the utmost discretion around confidential and sensitive information
● You go with the flow as priorities change and thrive in dynamic environments
● You are comfortable with technology and multitasking and have reliable internet access
TIME COMMITMENT AND LOCATION
● This is a part-time, hourly position. The ideal applicant can supervise at least two, 4-hour shifts per week, as well as attend our weekly staff meeting on Thursday from 1:30-3:00 p.m. PT and our weekly supervisors meeting (day/time TBD). We also strongly encourage supervisors to attend our weekly case conference where we discuss recent calls with volunteers.
● Supervisors also assist with the 3x-4x per year process of onboarding and training of volunteers. This includes reviewing applications, interviewing, and training.
● Intermittent availability to support other supervisors with securing coverage for shift
● This role is remote-friendly anywhere in the United States.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
● $30 per hour
● Competitive PTO policy
● Stipends for professional development and office equipment