Part-time Contract (6 months; 20 hours per week)
About the role:
Heroic Hearts Project, a 501(c)(3) that helps veterans who are struggling with military trauma to gain access to psychedelic treatment, is seeking a purpose-driven change-maker to join our team as Program Manager. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Program Manager’s (PM) primary responsibilities will be to assist in the planning of and to oversee the implementation and execution of HHP sponsored programs.
Since this is a new position within a growing organization, the ideal PM candidate will not only have an established background in project and program management but will also be systems-minded and comfortable leading the internal adoption of processes and tools to assist with meeting our rapidly expanding operational requirements. This role is for a detail-oriented problem-solver who will be empowered to fill gaps as needed based on strategic guidance. A successful candidate will have experience communicating with individuals from all walks of life and will understand the social and political climate around both Veteran Affairs and the emerging psychedelic healing space.
This position is initially being offered as a six-month service contract. Upon successful completion of the initial contract, the role is scheduled to be transitioned to FTE for the appropriate candidate.
- Planning: In conjunction with CEO and COO, develop a Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) template and Execution Timeline for named HHP programs (to be managed in Asana)
- Implementation: Implement action plans (POA&M) and Execution Timelines
- Program Management: Utilize Salesforce to manage programs, engagements, and all associated services
- Member Communication: announce retreats; open/close retreat sign-ups; coordinate with HHP Facilitators to relay logistics to members, as needed; assist HHP Leadership Team with final interview/selection process, as needed
- Budgeting: Manage and adhere to approved program budgets
- Vendor Management: Recruit and manage vendors/providers for support programming (i.e., bodywork, group movement/exercise, art/music therapy, onsite 1:1 therapy, etc.); oversee vendor invoicing/payment (in coordination with HHP Accounting Team)
- Case Management: set clearly defined requirements and timelines for HHP Case Manager (CM) /Operations Associate. Assist CM with client communications in support of meeting established timelines and requirements, as needed.
The ideal candidate for this role possesses the following desired skills/experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Business, or a comparable combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience in program management, in roles of increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated proficiency with Salesforce (Salesforce NPSP, Program Management, Case Management)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Asana
- Excellent planning, time management, and organizational skills
- Skilled communicator, with superior interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
- A working understanding of the psychedelic healing space (including its history, the current social/political climate, and ongoing research)
About the organization:
Heroic Hearts Project (HHP) is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose mission is to foster a healing community that helps veterans who are suffering from combat- or military sexual trauma recover and progress from surviving to thriving by providing them with safe, supervised access to psychedelic treatments, professional coaching, and ongoing peer support.
Our secondary objectives are Research, Education, and Advocacy.
- Research: we help develop and contribute to the growing base of psychedelic research in areas that are relevant to the veteran population;
- Education: We create products and programs to educate our target populations on the healing power of psychedelics. We aim to reach veterans, their therapists and clinicians, their families and caretakers, and anyone else who is eager to find a better way to heal.
- Advocacy: Lastly, stemming from our belief that data tells stories and stories change minds, we use research, data, and testimonials to tell our stories of healing, with the intent of rewriting the psychedelic drug narrative and advocating for increased access to this healing modality nationwide.
As an organization, we subscribe to the following Core Values:
- We show up authentically every day.
- We believe our scars are our superpowers.
- We ask for, give, and receive help.
- We believe that change starts with Us.
If this sounds like you and you believe you are aligned with our mission, then we would love to hear from you!