Clinical Social Worker/Research Psychotherapist
The Center on Mindfulness and Integrative Health Intervention Development (C-MIIND) is seeking a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) to assist on clinical research projects on mindfulness and psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy. C-MIIND’s research efforts target complex, comorbid chronic health and mental health problems (addiction, chronic pain, psychiatric conditions, etc.) that have not yet been solved by traditional medical approaches. In particular, C-MIIND is focused on helping to solve the opioid crisis. The LCSW to be hired will focus their efforts on addressing this problem at the local and national levels by implementing an innovative, neuroscience-informed and evidence-based therapy called Mindfulness-Oriented Recovery Enhancement (https://drericgarland.com/about-m-o-r-e/) both by itself and in combination with psychedelics including psilocybin and ketamine.
The LCSW will provide mindfulness, psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, and social support groups for patients participating in randomized controlled trials funded by agencies like National Institutes of Health and Department of Defense. Conducts clinical assessments of psychiatric and substance use disorders for patients with chronic pain on long-term opioid therapy participating in several clinical trials of mindfulness and psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy. Performs participant assessment and recruitment. Conducts crisis evaluation and intervention as needed. May be responsible for supervising the work of Social Workers, Interns or other caseworkers.
1. Provides mindfulness, psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, and social support groups to research participants.
2. Conducts clinical research-based assessments of mental health and substance use.
3. Provides crisis evaluation and intervention for research participants.
4. Performs participant recruitment and assessment.
5. Identifies appropriate outside resources, such as community agencies, to assist patients with resuming life in their own community and how to live with the patient’s limitations.
6. Oversees and supervises Social Workers, Interns and caseworkers within area of assignment.
7. Performs duties of a clinical research coordinator as assigned.
For more information about the position, please email Dr. Eric Garland: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application links below: