Field Trip Health is looking for a Telehealth Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to join our innovative psychedelic psychotherapy practice in Washington, DC. Field Trip’s program leverages cutting edge research in psychedelic medicine with evidence-based practices to offer modern mental healthcare solutions. The ideal candidate for this position will have an interest in and/or experience with the healing potential of non-ordinary states of consciousness and a desire to learn and grow within this emerging field.
Field Trip is currently offering ketamine assisted psychotherapy with the vision of incorporating other psychedelic therapeutics once FDA expanded access is granted.
Ketamine is emerging as an effective option in the treatment of depression, PTSD and other mental health issues. Our philosophy is an integrative, collaborative approach emphasizing the importance of therapeutic alliances, cultivating self-agency and creating optimal conditions through set and setting to support a person’s inner healing intelligence. We believe that the biochemical antidepressant and neuroplastic properties of ketamine are amplified when a person is well prepared for their journey and results maximized when there is space for new insights and perspectives to be integrated into their narratives.
The Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner is a core member of the clinical team. They will conduct the treatment eligibility assessment of patients and collaborate closely with the onsite nurse practitioner and therapist throughout the course of treatment. Consult will be done remotely.
They will act as a key contact for patients and will perform duties to the highest standard while maintaining patient confidentiality. Teamwork and interpersonal skills are essential to the role. Supervision will be provided by the Medical Director and Director of Clinical Operations.
- Telehealth psychiatric evaluations to assess eligibility of candidates (training is provided)
- Collaboration with the onsite nurse practitioner for psychological and physiological clearance
- Dose/administer/monitor ketamine treatment on an as needed basis (training provided)
- Order, properly store and log ketamine in accordance with DEA Schedule III drug guidelines (only when working in clinic, as needed basis and training will be provided)
- Order and track inventory for medications other than ketamine, including legend drugs and OTC medications (only when working in clinic, as needed basis and training will be provided)
- Monitor patients including taking vital signs and managing potential side effects (as needed basis)
- Provide informed consent to patients receiving ketamine
- Uphold HIPAA laws and maintain patient files and other sensitive information
- Provide any additional support as needed by the medical team, clinical director or therapist
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external training and continuing education initiatives
Knowledge, Experience, Licensure:
- At least 2 years of recent clinical experience, ideally in a hospital or clinical setting
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current registration in good standing with the state licensing body. Multiple state licenses are a huge asset!
- Able to bring a mindful presence to a sometimes fast-paced environment
- Integrated, lived experiences informing clinical competencies are acknowledged and welcomed
- Experience managing client flow and working in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team
- Willing to obtain a license in multiple jurisdictions (District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia) is an asset
- A grounded, empathetic and warm presence
- A client-centered, trauma informed approach to care
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with adversity and an active commitment to personal growth
- Understanding of the physical and psychological effects of psychedelics, including ketamine
- Passion for learning
- Excellent organization skills, highly proficient at managing multiple priorities
- Works well independently and is solutions-oriented