We value those qualified applicants with lived experience as racialized people, Indigenous people, those who have experienced homelessness, mental illness, and who have diverse abilities, as well as people of all sexual orientations, women and trans people.
Numinus Wellness (TSX: NUMI) helps people to heal and be well through the development and delivery of innovative mental health interventions and safe, evidence-based psychedelic-assisted therapies. The Numinus model - including psychedelic production, research, and clinic care - is at the forefront of a transformation aimed at healing rather than managing symptoms for a range of mental health concerns including depression, anxiety, trauma, pain and substance use. At Numinus, we are leading the integration of psychedelic-assisted therapies into mainstream clinical practice and building the foundation for a healthier society.
Our North Star
Be the most trusted brand in the psychedelic space.
We are bringing transformative healing to communities through innovative therapies backed by science and scalable operations.
A world where everyone feels connected and whole.
- Be in service to self and others
- Build something that captures our collective ideals
- Be dedicated to the art and the science
- Have the courage to do the right thing
- Be committed to doing our part in the process of Truth and Reconciliation with the Indigenous People
The Psychiatrist will be responsible for patient assessments, screening, and prescribing as outlined in psychedelic-assisted therapy protocols. This position will be an integral part of our clinic team and will carry out key functions related to providing competent, evidence-based, and trauma-informed care for clients accessing services at Numinus.
- Providing consultative services to other Numinus Physicians when requested to support safe and effective care for clients with complex medical, psychological or social needs.
- Act as the most responsible provider, for some patients, being responsible for directing and coordinating the medical care and management of patients assigned to them within the Practice.
- Conduct thorough psychiatric evaluations, develop treatment plans, prescribe medication, and evaluate treatment results.
- Collaborate with a broader team of physicians, psychologists, therapists, nurses, and administrative staff.
- Develops a treatment plan for patients with psychological, emotional, or behavioral issues.
- Generate accurate charting notes for all required documentation in patient records
- Provide education and guidance to clients in relation to therapies provided, including possible side effects and intended outcomes.
- Ensure policies and procedures are applied and used effectively to support the safety of clients, co-clients, and staff.
- Provide ongoing risk assessments in collaboration with other disciplines to ensure the level of care is appropriate for risk (e.g suicide, violence) and, where applicable, implement intervention to mediate risk or transfer to the appropriate level of care.
- Participate in interdisciplinary meetings and collegially share information that will identify client strengths, and concerns and assist clients in achieving their health and therapy goals.
- Participate in research where required.
- Collaborate with the Site Medical Director and Clinic team to ensure medical continuing education opportunities and standards are available and adhered to by the medical clinic team.
- Act as a resource for the development of evidence-informed best practice guidelines to support high-quality client care.
- A Medical Degree and eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia.
- Specialist qualifications in Psychiatry from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Psychiatry and a valid license to practice medicine is required.
- Strong working knowledge of general psychiatric principles and practices
- Must be able to establish rapport with a patient and gain their trust.
- Good computer and electronic record skills.
- Experience managing client flow and working in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience working to provide trauma-informed mental health care ideally with exposure. to mindfulness and process-oriented psychotherapies are considered an asset for this role.
- Experience with screening for, diagnosis, and treatment of mental health disorders.
- Experience working in start-ups and hyper-growth / quickly changing environments is an asset.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter.
- Strong communication and listening
- Strong observation skills
- Strong organization skills
- Relationship building
What do you get?
- Opportunity to be a part of a pioneering movement to transform the mental health care system
- A connected community of practice of your peers
- Continuous professional development opportunities through Numinus University
- Dedicated support from marketing to help build your brand
- Flexible hours