Osmind is the premier platform for clinicians and researchers advancing new life-saving mental health treatments. Today, mental health disorders are one of the leading causes of death worldwide, especially among young adults, and are tied to shortening lifespans. While there have been developments in new psychiatric medications since the first FDA approval in 1954, today there is a growing movement among clinicians, patients, and researchers who are recognizing the need to accelerate new science.
The Osmind treatment platform is the first and only solution that solves specific challenges faced by neuropsychiatric clinics, spanning general psychiatry and interventional psychiatry (transcranial magnetic stimulation, ketamine, SPRAVATO®, psychedelic medicine, electroconvulsive therapy). The core electronic health record (EHR) technology is precisely developed for interventional treatment workflows and designed to support a strong therapeutic alliance, including journaling tools and assistance with health plan reimbursement, which is a significant access hurdle for millions of patients.
Research from our platform is already helping to set new standards for mental health interventions. For example, in the largest published real-world analysis of ketamine infusion therapy for depression, we teamed up with Stanford University School of Medicine to share findings in the Journal of Affective Disorders (March 2022). We have multiple ongoing research studies leveraging our proprietary real-world data, including an even larger ketamine analysis leveraging machine learning to predict treatment outcomes.
Osmind is a San Francisco–based public benefit corporation led by scientists, technologists, and psychiatrists. We are backed by top investors including DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, Future Ventures, Tiger Global, and Y Combinator.
We are a series B funded Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) building something that actually moves the needle on the global mental health crisis. (See here for an article our cofounder Jimmy wrote about PBC’s.)
We are looking for dedicated QA Automation Engineer. This is an exciting foundational role to help us scale and set QA best practices as we build web and mobile applications to bring innovative, effective, personalized, and scalable solutions to providers and patients.
To share more about our company, our mission, our values, what it’s like working with us, and our interview process, we’ve put together this presentation for you.
Note: Osmind is a remote first, office encouraged workplace. This position will be remote from Mexico.
What you'll do
- Contribute, maintain, and scale the existing QA testing framework as well as improve the build and deployment process for mobile, while understanding our product from both a technical and business perspective
- Build and foster relationships with key stakeholders in development, design, and product teams
- Perform ongoing creation and evaluation of test cases for manual and/or automated regression
- Work with the QA team to plan, create, and monitor test environments and test data
- Leverage the deep understanding of QA and the product to enhance the development lifecycle, priorities, and timelines
- Our tech stack: Serverless Framework, DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, Cognito, S3, EC2, RDS, Aurora, Cloudwatch, Node.JS, React, React Native (Expo), Playwright, Typescript, WebdriverIO
What we're looking for
- 2+ years of QA engineering experience with specific focus on automation
- The ability to write automated testing for web and mobile applications using playwright or equivalent
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines services (e.g. Github Actions, Jenkins)
- Experience testing third-party system integrations
- You are passionate about scaling QA automation and want to help us build systems that don't just meet compliance/legal requirements but are representative of best-in-class security infrastructure
- You have a passion for fixing our broken mental healthcare system
- Previous startup experience to help you thrive in our fast-paced environment
- CI/CD experience with multiple environments, including build and release systems with short (1 week) release cycles
- An understanding of the mobile development and mobile testing process, manual and/or automation
- Strong experience in a scripting language
- Strong interest and experience in developing resilient, fault-tolerant systems that our providers and patients trust
A successful first year may look like
- Scaling, iterating, and maintaining our mobile automation using Playwright, Typescript, and WebDriverIO
- Integrating an intuitive CI/CD pipeline that include testing, systems integration, and deployment.
- Building out a monitoring/logging system to identify feature failures and security incidents.
- Making quality of life improvements for QA (i.e. debugging, accessing, upgrading systems).
- Sharing QA best practices across the engineering team through mentoring, lunch and learns, and more.
- Improving the confidence in the testing and quality of our products
What we offer
- The ability to build something that actually moves the needle on our generation's biggest crisis, mental healthcare. Serve treatment-resistant mental health patients (1/3 of mental health patient population) who are the ones who need the most help. Contribute to one of the most innovative areas of medicine: frontier neuropsychiatry
- An all-star team that is intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and likes to have fun. We also value diversity of thought and background
- Tremendous growth opportunity and autonomy given we're a high-growth startup
- Flexible working hours to match your style
- Competitive compensation