Osmind is the premier platform for clinicians and researchers advancing new life-saving mental health treatments. Today, mental health disorders are one of the leading causes of death worldwide, especially among young adults, and are tied to shortening lifespans. While there have been developments in new psychiatric medications since the first FDA approval in 1954, today there is a growing movement among clinicians, patients, and researchers who are recognizing the need to accelerate new science.
The Osmind treatment platform is the first and only solution that solves specific challenges faced by neuropsychiatric clinics, spanning general psychiatry and interventional psychiatry (transcranial magnetic stimulation, ketamine, SPRAVATO®, psychedelic medicine, electroconvulsive therapy). The core electronic health record (EHR) technology is precisely developed for interventional treatment workflows and designed to support a strong therapeutic alliance, including journaling tools and assistance with health plan reimbursement, which is a significant access hurdle for millions of patients.
Research from our platform is already helping to set new standards for mental health interventions. For example, in the largest published real-world analysis of ketamine infusion therapy for depression, we teamed up with Stanford University School of Medicine to share findings in the Journal of Affective Disorders (March 2022). We have multiple ongoing research studies leveraging our proprietary real-world data, including an even larger ketamine analysis leveraging machine learning to predict treatment outcomes.
Osmind is a San Francisco–based public benefit corporation led by scientists, technologists, and psychiatrists. We are backed by top investors including DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, Future Ventures, Tiger Global, and Y Combinator.
We are looking for dedicated QA Engineer. This is an exciting foundational role to help us scale and set QA best practices as we build web and mobile applications to bring innovative, effective, personalized, and scalable solutions to providers and patients.
To share more about our company, our mission, our values, what it’s like working with us, and our interview process, we’ve put together this presentation for you.
Let’s transform mental healthcare, together.
Note: Osmind is a remote first, office encouraged workplace. While we would like to continue hiring local talent in the SF Bay Area, we are also open to remote candidates within the United States.
What you'll do
- Work collaboratively with the development team to discover system defects and participate in testing for product releases
- Build and foster relationships with key stakeholders in development, design, and product teams
- Have the ability to understand the software development life cycle and know different ways to test components in a range of scenarios.
- Work with the QA team to plan, create, and monitor test environments and test data as well as develop effective testing strategies.
- Leverage the deep understanding of QA and the product to enhance the development lifecycle, priorities, and timelines
- Collaborate with your fellow QA Engineers to develop effective testing strategies, shape our test plans, and create test cases to ensure test coverage.
What we're looking for
- 2+ years of QA engineering experience with specific focus on manual testing
- Knowledge in Functional, Regression, Smoke, Build Verification Test, and Integration testing of web and client-server applications
- Experience in collecting and documenting technical requirements and specifications
- Experience testing third-party system integrations
- Proactively taking the initiative and demonstrating a high level of ownership
- You are passionate about scaling QA Documentation and want to help us build systems that don't just meet compliance/legal requirements but are representative of best-in-class security infrastructure
- You have a passion for fixing our broken mental healthcare system
- Ability to navigate ambiguities in changes in a low structure environment
- Experience with our stack: Jira, Browserstack, Xray Test Case Management, Notion, Postman, Visual Basics, Slack, Zoom
- Knowledgeable in shaping the test strategy through traceability matrix
- Interest in learning automation
- Familiarity with Agile Methodologies
- Previous startup experience to help you thrive in our fast-paced environment
What we offer
- The ability to build something that actually moves the needle on our generation's biggest crisis, mental healthcare. Serve treatment-resistant mental health patients (1/3 of mental health patient population) who are the ones who need the most help. Contribute to one of the most innovative areas of medicine: frontier neuropsychiatry
- An all-star team that is intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and likes to have fun. We also value diversity of thought and background
- Tremendous growth opportunity and autonomy given we're a high-growth startup
- Flexible working hours to match your style. Hybrid long-term working style with mix of work-from-home and in-office
- Competitive, upside-heavy compensation, healthcare, 401K matching, and office perks