Numinus Wellness (TSXV: NUMI) helps people to heal and be well through the development and delivery of innovative mental health care and access to safe, evidence-based psychedelic-assisted therapies. The Numinus model - including psychedelic production, research, and clinic care - is at the forefront of a transformation aimed at healing rather than managing symptoms for depression, anxiety, trauma, pain and substance use. At Numinus, we are leading the integration of psychedelic-assisted therapies into mainstream clinical practice and building the foundation for a healthier society.
Our North Star
Be the most trusted brand in the psychedelic space.
We are bringing transformative healing to communities through innovative therapies backed by science and scalable operations.
A world where everyone feels connected and whole.
- Be in service to self and others
- Build something that captures our collective ideals
- Be dedicated to the art and the science
- Have courage to do the right thing
Numinus is looking for a bilingual Registered Nurse (RN), on a part time, casual basis to join our growing team. This individual will be a regulated health care professional who has several key functions related to providing competent, evidence-based, and trauma informed care for clients accessing services at Numinus in Montreal. This individual will be responsible for the assessment of patients, as well as the administration and monitoring of psychedelic-assisted therapies (including ketamine-assisted therapy). They will work under the direction of the Regional Medical Director and Regional Director of Clinical Operations at Numinus clinics in Montreal.
This is an in-person, casual position with the requirement to have availability all day on Monday and Wednesday mornings. Successful candidates will be able to communicate with clients in French and English.
- Client Centered Care
- Therapeutic Engagement
- Trauma-Informed Practice
- Cultural Safety
- Provides information for clients requesting information about services provided and answers any questions for clients related to process and procedures.
- Assess and document client baseline conditions during medical assessments and psychedelic-assisted therapy (PAT) sessions.
- Monitor client progress, signs & symptoms, behavioural changes and response to interventions provided and will communicate with NP/MD as needed.
- Performs and documents initial and ongoing clinical assessments for clients.
- Administer medication as ordered by MD/NP providing direct care in keeping with provincial nursing professional order (OIIQ) medication administration standards.
- Respond to medical emergencies in collaboration with the medical team using appropriate site procedures while staying within the established scope of practice.
- Educate clients about client-specific pharmacotherapies used while accessing services and post-discharge.
- Provide education and guidance to clients in relation to therapies provided, including possible side effects and intended outcomes.
- Ensure policies and procedures are applied and used effectively to support the safety of clients, co-clients and staff.
- Provide ongoing risk assessments in collaboration with other disciplines to ensure the level of care is appropriate for risk (e.g. falls, suicide, violence) and, where applicable, implement intervention to mediate risk or transfer to the appropriate level of care.
- Identify and intervene in situations where there may be a duty to report client substance use in accordance with OIIQ practice standards (e.g. sensitive safety positions, children in care).
- Participate in interdisciplinary meetings and collegially share information that will identify client strengths, concerns and assist clients in achieving their health and therapy goals.
- Participate in educational opportunities to develop competencies and maintain nursing practice standards.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing and current registration in good standing with the provincial/state licensing body
- Able to visually assess patients as needed while transcribing the information into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Data entry and medical transcription an asset
- CPR and ACLS certification required and up to date
- Integrated, lived experiences that support clinical competencies are acknowledged and welcomed
- Experience managing client flow and working in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team
- At least 2 years of recent clinical experience, ideally in a hospital or clinical setting with a mental health care focus
- Available all day Monday and Wednesday mornings for shifts
At Numinus, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our ultimate purpose of delivering the highest quality outcomes to the people we serve. Our culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality. As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.