We value those qualified applicants with lived experience as racialized people, Indigenous people, those who have experienced homelessness, mental illness, and who have diverse abilities, as well as people of all sexual orientations, women and trans people.
Numinus Wellness (TSX: NUMI) helps people to heal and be well through the development and delivery of innovative mental health care and access to safe, evidence-based psychedelic-assisted therapies. The Numinus model - including psychedelic production, research, and clinic care - is at the forefront of a transformation aimed at healing rather than managing symptoms for depression, anxiety, trauma, pain and substance use. At Numinus, we are leading the integration of psychedelic-assisted therapies into mainstream clinical practice and building the foundation for a healthier society.
Our North Star
Be the most trusted brand in the psychedelic space.
We are bringing transformative healing to communities through innovative therapies backed by science and scalable operations.
A world where everyone feels connected and whole.
- Be in service to self and others
- Build something that captures our collective ideals
- Be dedicated to the art and the science
- Have courage to do the right thing
- Be committed to doing our part in the process of Truth and Reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples
Numinus is looking for Revenue Accountant, This role will be a key player in owning the revenue reporting, compliance, and collections for Numinus’ Canadian operations. Working closely with the operational and corporate finance team, the Revenue Accountant will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate revenue reporting and preparing reconciliations while adhering to the company’s strict reporting deadlines. The Revenue Accountant will identify strengths and opportunities for optimization within business processes and the Company’s control framework in order to minimize risk and increase the quality of financial information.
In addition to these core deliverables, the Revenue Accountant will lead key initiatives including defining and enhancing business processes by working with cross-functional stakeholders to provide their accounting expertise to ensure all aspects are conducive from an accounting, compliance as well as business perspective.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Timely and accurate revenue recognition of our Canadian operations according to the Company’s revenue recognition policy.
- Implement systems and processes related to new product lines to ensure scalable revenue processes.
- Revenue accounting and documentation for all product and service lines.
- Lead monthly close process for revenue-related areas (revenue, accounts receivable, deferred revenue).
- Determine and calculate the cost of revenue and obtain information from operations to ensure records are accurate and complete.
- Manage month-end revenue close process including revenue and cost of revenue analysis.
- Manage multiple deadlines, prioritize tasks accordingly and meet the expectations of multiple stakeholders (corporate finance team, external auditors, senior leadership, clinic managers)
- Be flexible and work collaboratively as a team, taking on new tasks as needed to achieve the goal of timely, accurate, and actional reporting.
- Demonstrate excellent written communication skills providing clear and logical reasoning to support a structured argument.
WHO YOU ARE
- A professional accounting designation (CPA)
- 5+ years of progressive experience in full cycle accounting with multi-location environments and online service offerings
- Experience with revenue generating, scale-up phase, publicly listed companies
- Experience with IFRS and US GAAP considered an asset
- Experience in health care, service, or SaaS industry would be amazing