Osmind is the premier platform for clinicians and researchers advancing new life-saving mental health treatments. Today, mental health disorders are one of the leading causes of death worldwide, especially among young adults, and are tied to shortening lifespans. While there have been developments in new psychiatric medications since the first FDA approval in 1954, today there is a growing movement among clinicians, patients, and researchers who are recognizing the need to accelerate new science.
The Osmind treatment platform is the first and only solution that solves specific challenges faced by neuropsychiatric clinics, spanning general psychiatry and interventional psychiatry (transcranial magnetic stimulation, ketamine, SPRAVATO®, psychedelic medicine, electroconvulsive therapy). The core electronic health record (EHR) technology is precisely developed for interventional treatment workflows and designed to support a strong therapeutic alliance, including journaling tools and assistance with health plan reimbursement, which is a significant access hurdle for millions of patients.
Research from our platform is already helping to set new standards for mental health interventions. For example, in the largest published real-world analysis of ketamine infusion therapy for depression, we teamed up with Stanford University School of Medicine to share findings in the Journal of Affective Disorders (March 2022). We have multiple ongoing research studies leveraging our proprietary real-world data, including an even larger ketamine analysis leveraging machine learning to predict treatment outcomes.
Osmind is a San Francisco–based public benefit corporation led by scientists, technologists, and psychiatrists. We are backed by top investors including DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, Future Ventures, Tiger Global, and Y Combinator.
We are a series B funded Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) building something that actually moves the needle on the global mental health crisis. (See here for an article our cofounder Jimmy wrote about PBC’s.)
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead our patient-related features for our EHR web app and patient mobile app. In just 1.5 years of launch, we've rapidly scaled our product and our engineering team has been quickly growing. As Senior EM, you will report directly into our VP Engineering and help set the precedent for engineering management at Osmind.
To share more about our company, our mission, our values, what it’s like working with us, and our interview process, we’ve put together this presentation for you.
Note: Osmind is a remote first, office encouraged workplace. While we would like to continue hiring local talent in the SF Bay Area, we are also open to remote candidates within the United States.
What you'll do
- Lead the team responsible for feature development of our patient facing mobile application. Collaborate with Product on scoping out and delegating tasks to ensure high-quality, on-time delivery of our product roadmap.
- Develop engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers. You will serve as a mentor and technical advisor, providing advice on everything from code reviews to 1-1s to career development discussions
- Ensure that the team is following our engineering practices including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing, scalability, and security
- Set up and manage processes necessary to operate the team effectively and measure success
- Work with our VP Engineering and in-house recruiter to recruit and close other A-player engineers
- Provide your voice into improving our engineering organization and overall company as a whole
- Build high-quality code yourself, not every day, but about 10-20% of your time
What we're looking for
- 6+ years software engineering experience
- 2+ years experience managing a team; doing the hiring, performance management, and compensation management
- Expert engineering recruiter (personally responsible for hiring 2+ engineers in the past)
- Mobile application development experience (React Native and/or iOS/Android), either as an IC or manager
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to motivate teams to produce high-quality software
- Deep understanding of our languages/frameworks and data structures: Typescript, NodeJS, Python; though you won't have to code every day
- Startup experience (Series C or earlier), demonstrating that you can thrive in our fast-paced startup environment
- Passion for fixing our broken mental healthcare system
- Experience in regulated industries (e.g. finance or healthcare)
- Experience managing mixed local-remote teams
What we offer
- The ability to build something that actually moves the needle on our generation's biggest crisis, mental healthcare. Serve treatment-resistant mental health patients (1/3 of mental health patient population) who are the ones who need the most help. Contribute to one of the most innovative areas of medicine: frontier neuropsychiatry
- An all-star team that is intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and likes to have fun. We also value diversity of thought and background
- Tremendous growth opportunity and autonomy given we're a high-growth startup
- Flexible working hours to match your style
- Competitive, upside-heavy compensation, healthcare, 401K matching, and office perks
- Generous relocation bonus for those needing to move to San Francisco
- In-office in San Francisco (Potrero Hill) 2-3 days a week in 2022 pending public health guidelines