Senior Full-Stack Engineer
About the company
Maya PBC empowers providers, participants, and researchers to chart real world evidence for safe and effective psychedelic practices. Our mission is to provide the technology and insight needed to optimize outcomes, enhance safety, reduce cost of care, increase equity, and inform regulation. Maya envisions a future where everyone has the opportunity to benefit from safe and accessible psychedelic medicine.
As Senior Engineer you will:
- Be responsible for the delivery of our web application software, including velocity and quality.
- Work closely with the Chief Technology Officer on backend infrastructure strategy and build-out.
- Work closely with the CEO to adapt UX/UI design into our respective applications.
- Represent the technological agenda in internal meetings.
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence.
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics.
- Participate in recruiting and retention in the Engineering organization.
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape.
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity.
- Participate in decision-making alongside the founding team.
Candidates must have proven expertise using:
- Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services.
- 5+ years experience with Python
- Postgresql or TSQL
- ReactNative a plus
- Right to live and work in the US. We are not offering sponsorship as part of this role.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface across disciplines and all of the organization
- The ability to adapt and respond to challenges with a positive mental attitude.
- Timeliness, honesty, and integrity.
- Self-starter, creative problem solver, hungry to make an impact and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Experience working in early stage technology start-ups.
- Passion for mental health/psychology/research/data/wellness/quantified self etc.
- Part of the consciousness community and interests in topics like mindfulness, yoga, spirituality, and plant medicine.
- Living in or near the Denver area
As an early-stage team member you may be awarded equity ownership, along with an annual base salary of $120,000. Reviews will be held by your manager after 90 days of employment, then at least annually, as directed by the CEO.
We prioritize a healthy culture, flexible working hours, unlimited vacation time, and a health benefits package for full-time employees. This includes Health Insurance, Dental, and Vision; 50% employee-contributed (pre-tax). We also encourage all team members to embrace opportunities for personal growth, learning, and self-discovery by providing paid time off for such experiences and integration time.