We value those qualified applicants with lived experience as racialized people, Indigenous people, those who have experienced homelessness, mental illness, and who have diverse abilities, as well as people of all sexual orientations, women and trans people.
Numinus Wellness (TSX: NUMI) helps people to heal and be well through the development and delivery of innovative mental health care and access to safe, evidence-based psychedelic-assisted therapies. The Numinus model - including psychedelic production, research, and clinic care - is at the forefront of a transformation aimed at healing rather than managing symptoms for depression, anxiety, trauma, pain and substance use. At Numinus, we are leading the integration of psychedelic-assisted therapies into mainstream clinical practice and building the foundation for a healthier society.
Our North Star
Be the most trusted brand in the psychedelic space.
We are bringing transformative healing to communities through innovative therapies backed by science and scalable operations.
A world where everyone feels connected and whole.
- Be in service to self and others
- Build something that captures our collective ideals
- Be dedicated to the art and the science
- Have courage to do the right thing
- Be committed to doing our part in the process of Truth and Reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples
Numinus is looking for Sr. Accountant, This role will be a key player in owning the financial reporting and compliance for Numinus’ US operations. Working closely with the operational and corporate finance team, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting and preparing reconciliations while adhering to the company’s strict reporting deadlines. The Senior Accountant will identify strengths and opportunities for optimization within business processes and the Company’s control framework to minimize risk and increase the quality of financial information.
In addition to these core deliverables, the Senior Accountant will lead key initiatives including defining and enhancing business processes by working with cross-functional stakeholders to provide their accounting expertise to ensure all aspects are conducive from an accounting, compliance as well as business perspective.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Prepare monthly full-cycle financial statements for Numinus’ US operations and obtain a thorough understanding of variances in account balances to provide meaningful commentary.
- Liaise with the Clinic Operations team and request financial information and explanations over monthly results
- Be an agent of change through a continuous improvement process.
- Manage multiple deadlines, prioritize tasks accordingly and meet the expectations of multiple stakeholders (corporate finance team, external auditors, senior leadership, clinic managers)
- Be flexible and work collaboratively as a team, taking on new tasks as needed to achieve the goal of timely, accurate, and actional reporting.
- Demonstrate excellent written communication skills providing clear and logical reasoning to support a structured argument.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements and KPI reporting for Numinus’ US operations
- Collaborate with the Corporate Finance team to implement internal control processes in compliance with securities regulations
- Prepare manual journal entries and prepare complex accounting entries
- Assist with external audits as appropriate
- Oversee clinic-level accounting staff to manage day-to-day accounting and finance of Numinus’ entities
- Oversee US operations cash management program
WHO YOU ARE
- A professional accounting designation (CPA)
- 5+ years of experience in full cycle accounting with multi-location environments
- Experience with revenue generating, scale-up phase, publicly listed companies
- Experience with IFRS and controls and compliance
- Experience in health care, retail, or service industry would be amazing
- Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and listening
- Strong Excel skills
- Time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to take initiatives