The Administrative Assistant (AA) is primarily responsible for providing comprehensive support to the Co-EDs, COO/CFO, Board of Directors, and Working Groups. Within a start-up, community-driven association, this dynamic role will have clear responsibilities, but will also require flexibility until APPA has stabilized operations. An open mind is needed. The AA will help set up the organization’s operations, while working remotely with the extended team. This position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
The AA will support the day-to-day functions of the Executive Team and handle a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks.
Job title: Administrative Assistant
Status: Full-time exempt
Place of performance: Remote with PST operating hours
Travel requirements: Limited
Direct reports: None
Salary range: $60,000 - $70,000/year plus benefits - dependent on candidate experience
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for the Executive Team. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors and Working Groups. Arrange and handle all logistics for Board meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes on behalf of the Board Secretary. Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board matters.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the Executive Team’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense and mileage reports.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Executive Team, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment to reflect the Executive Team’s style and organization policy.
- Work closely with the Executive Team to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the team updated. Anticipate the team’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Maintain open communications with the team, including meeting regularly with their operations and technology coordinator and providing information and documents as needed.
- Coordinate all Executive Team meetings and retreats and assist with staff meetings and events as needed.
- Work with the Executive Team to coordinate the Co-ED’s outreach activities. Follow up on contacts made by the Co-ED’s to cultivate ongoing relationships.
- Manage all aspects of organization’s office services. Evaluate and assist in developing office policies and procedures for improved workflow and anticipate future needs as organization grows. Assist in the selection of vendors and purchase equipment, services, and supplies necessary for operation of organization.
- Manage information systems operations including hardware, software, desktop support, internal telecommunications, and strategic systems development and planning. Provide leadership to all levels of the organization, including the Executive Team, to meet their current and future information needs. Supervise IT consultants. Prepare budget recommendations.
- Ensure that all team members have what is needed to effectively work with office equipment, tech tools, snacks (as appropriate), printer supplies, paper, office supplies, etc.; replenish as needed.
- Provide event management support as requested.
- Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment.
- Respond to all inquiries either by phone or email from the website. Distribute any related workload appropriately to team members.
- Process, distribute and file all documents. Manage the electronic library.
- Invest in building long-lasting relationships, both externally and internally.
- Manage petty cash reimbursements and reconciliation.
- Execute other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
- Significant executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives. Nonprofit board experience is highly preferred. A minimum of 3 years.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software; ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials.
- Technical proficiency and problem-solving skills related to: IT infrastructure; IT support and troubleshooting; and cloud-based environments (web-based applications).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, Working Group volunteers, Government officials, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and funded partners.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent judgment is essential.
- Ability to advocate for self and others with leadership team
- Flexibility to work in the startup environment, ability to adjust quickly while maintaining cohesion with team
- Commitment to personal and communal growth.
- Thrive in a start-up environment.
- Ability to work well within a cross-functional team environment and diverse communities.
- This position is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated PM to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization. As such, compensation for this role is competitive.
- TBD Health, dental, vision, Rx, long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance
- TBD Vacation, PTO, and holidays