The hiring company is an early-stage psychedelic biotech company dedicated to ending veteran suicide, and empowering veterans and active duty military to thrive. The company is advancing a drug development initiative to validate leading psychedelic treatments, targeting the most prevalent and debilitating neuropsychiatric conditions plaguing our active military and veterans. The company was co-founded by veterans and focused on empowering veterans and their communities.
As the CEO, you will oversee staffing, budgeting, planning, and execution of pre-clinical package and device development strategies in a collaborative manner internally and with external pharma partners and contractors. This individual will understand the key strategic levers of a successful pharmaceutical business, including best practices and strategies for drug development, troubleshooting development challenges, and transitioning development activities into a suitable contract manufacturing arrangement and time-to-market.
Responsibilities will include:
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development
- Product Development
- Capital Fundraising
- MBA/Ph.D. degree with relevant experience.
- Prior drug development experience with FDA (e.g., IND meetings)
- Proven track record in leading development activities for an organization with multiple products, from pre-clinical, pre-IND, scaling up to late-stage clinical phases and commercialization. (Combination drug product development is a plus.)
- 15+ years of commercial experience, including new product planning, marketing, market analysis, and sales leadership experience.
- A strategic/analytical and results-driven thinker who can plan, direct, and lead an early-stage biotechnology company.
- Extensive experience with developing and executing marketing strategies and tactics, field leadership, market research and analysis, and business forecasting.
- At least 10 years experience in pharmaceutical technical development disciplines (preferably FDA Neuroscience Division)
- At least 5 years of leadership experience at the larger team level, including recruiting/coaching senior teams and managing program budgets
- Interest or experience in the emerging field of psychedelic therapeutics
Commitment: Full-time, Minimum 6-month commitment
Compensation: Competitive, plus vested equity
Click Apply to send an email containing your resume/CV, in the first instance.