atai's Venture Operations team is responsible for providing a stable operational backbone to atai’s subsidiaries, allowing the subsidiaries to plan & execute efficiently and effectively.
As the Director of Venture Operations, you will be reporting to the VP of Operations. You will manage atai's R&D programs by partnering with line functions and external stakeholders in all departments to plan and drive the execution of high-quality, integrated, cross-functional projects to advance our pipeline. This position serves as the single centralized source of project status for atai, enabling the organization to prioritize, optimize, manage resources and risks, etc.
Who we are
atai Life Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel treatments for mental health disorders so that everyone, everywhere can live a more fulfilled life. We are developing psychedelic and non-psychedelic compounds and cutting-edge digital therapeutic tools and are excited about anything that might mean a true leap forward for patients. We have offices in Berlin, London, New York, Boston, and San Diego. Check out our website here.
What you will achieve:
- Responsible and accountable for driving development of and delivering on program vision, strategy, and tactical development execution through to approval or termination, acting as champion and protector of assigned products.
- Build fully integrated timelines capturing all activities, resources, and dependencies to deliver against program goals that are aligned with portfolio and organization goals.
- Partner with Asset Lead, R&D Sub Team, and Senior Management team to drive strategy & execution.
- Accountable for the research budget and advocates for resourcing and program prioritization as needed.
- Responsible for managing overall risk profile of the product and coordinating strategy for protection of exclusivity and IP.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the CNS field and the competitive landscape.
- Monitor program progress with functional SMEs, identify risks and opportunities to timeline, resources, or scope.
- Create, maintain, and keep strategy aligned via Integrated Development Plan.
- Develop reporting mechanisms, KPIs, and dashboards, and Communicate progress at all levels/forums and escalate critical risks & issues appropriately.
To succeed in this specific role, the following will be important:
- BA or BS required; Advanced degrees and certifications advantageous.
- 7 - 10+ years project and program management experience in pharma, digital health, or life sciences space, with experience/interest in the field of neuroscience and/or mental health disorders.
- Familiarity with multiple project management methodologies and ability to adapt methodologies to an innovative and fast-growing company.
- Familiarity with regulated environments
- Ability to prioritize competing opportunities, balance stakeholder needs with business priorities, and drive detailed trade-offs within and across programs.
- An outstanding communicator with ability to navigate complexity, establish common ground with empathy and candor, manage conflicting points of view, and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
- Hands-on leader with a “get things done” mentality and a strong track record in leading cross-functional teams.
- You will be based in one of our European hub cities (Berlin or London) and be able to spend time in the office 2 – 3 days a week
Who will be successful in this role: Those who succeed at atai will be strongly aligned with our values:
- Conscious Care: We take every action in service of our ultimate goal: to heal mental health disorders for all while caring for ourselves and our team.
- Bold Entrepreneurship: We are “loosely coupled but tightly aligned” as we strive for excellence over perfection, fast and focused to accelerate innovation for patients.
- Innovative Collaboration: individuals and teams work together with good humor and no drama, valuing different perspectives and diversity of thought, background, nationality, and style.
- Radical Responsibility: We take full responsibility for our circumstances. We grow and learn from failures