PsyMed Ventures is an early-stage venture fund investing in frontier mental health technologies. Our mission is to provide capital and support to companies that align healing, responsibility, and profitability. PsyMed’s focus areas include psychedelic medicine, neurotechnology, and precision psychiatry.
We are looking to hire a full-time Operations Associate. Like an early-stage startup, this role will involve rolling up your sleeves, doing many things, and being happy to work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is someone who’s passionate about mental health, VC, and startups.
Our offices are in SF and LA, and we’re open to remote roles. The role may include occasional travel within North America and Europe.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain the systems and tools needed to run an efficient operation (i.e., CRM)
- Be the liaison with legal, tax, accounting, fund admin service providers
- Set meeting agendas, compile notes and action items, and manage follow-ups
- Monitor current investments, track key metrics, and company performance
- Manage SPVs for late stage and follow-on investments
- You’ll get some exposure to researching new investment areas and performing preliminary due diligence
- Assist in identifying and collaborating with non-profit partners as part of our fund’s donation pledge
- Create decks and presentations about PsyMed and our initiatives
- Assist with the production and editing of the Business Trip podcast. This will mainly consist of editing the content of the Business Trip podcast episodes Matias and Greg record and coordinating next steps with the podcast producer and sound editor
- Plan and coordinate in-person and virtual events for our portfolio companies and LP community
- Be the liaison with our fund LPs
- Coordinate the relationship with prospective LPs and assist due diligence and onboarding
- Assist in preparation of quarterly fund updates to LPs and our community
Who you are
- Minimum 2 years of experience in VC, investing, or startups
- Highly organized
- Attention to detail (bonus points if you can locate the typo in this job postng)
- Critical thinking, including superior research and analytical ability
- Intellectual curiosity
- Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- You love venture capital, start-ups, and entrepreneurship – and solving challenging problems.
- Willingness to work in a start-up culture
- An interest and understanding of tech and biotech
- You’re passionate about expanding access to mental health solutions and psychedelic medicine
- Excellent data and customer information management skills
Please apply using this link: https://airtable.com/shrhvuCxkKuYiA30p
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status.