Clinical Research Coordinator (9612C), UC Berkeley Center for the Science of Psychedelics - #46815
The UC Berkeley Center for the Science of Psychedelics (BCSP) is a new multidisciplinary research center exploring psychedelics.Our work has three key pillars; 1) world-leading academic research into the role and nature of psychedelics, 2) a best-in-class training program for psychedelic-assisted therapists, and 3) an agenda-setting program of public education & journalism about psychedelic science, history, politics, culture, and therapeutic value.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: December 28, 2022
Research coordination/subject management:
- Assist with compiling and organizing study materials.
- Assist with recruitment, working with Investigators to assure inclusion/exclusion criteria are met for screening purposes, scheduling visits, enrolling, and tracking of research subjects.
- Maintain study binders.
- Evaluate and implement effective subject recruitment strategies under the direction of the PI.
- Assist with database organization and maintenance.
- Screening for inaccuracies and conducting quality control checks of incoming research data.
Meetings and check-ins:
- Regular meetings with supervisor and team.
- Work alongside a diverse team of researchers and trainees.
- Prep experimental materials for assessments.
- Data collection using a variety of experimental techniques (behavioral testing and surveys and questionnaires).
- Monitor experimental procedures under the supervision of the PI.
- Ability to establish cooperative working relationships with participants and co-workers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; excellent organizational skills; and excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively in a diverse team.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-based environment; ability to prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines on concurrent projects.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Windows.
- High School graduation and/or sufficient or equivalent experience and demonstrated skills to successfully perform the assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated proficiency with research terminology.
- Experience working with participants in a research setting.
- Proficiency with statistical analysis software.
Salary & Benefits
- This is a part-time (24 hours per week), career position that is eligible for UC benefits.
- This position is exempt and paid monthly. The annual salary for this role is commensurate with experience within the range of $56,512.87 (step 1.0) - $70,263.14 (step 12.0).
- This is a hybrid position, eligible for 33% remote capability.
- For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
This position is governed by the terms and conditions in the agreement for the Research Support Professionals Unit (RX) between the University of California and the University Professional and Technical Employees (UPTE). The current bargaining agreement manual can be found at: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/labor/bargaining-units/rx/index.html