Small Pharma is currently recruiting for 2 therapist roles, 1 to be based at MAC Clinical Research Centre, Merseyside and 1 to be based at MAC Clinical Research Centre, Manchester, both contracted by MAC. Both roles are for full-time experienced therapists. Applicants looking to undergo training and provide backup cover will also be considered.
Duties and responsibilities:
The post will include patient recruitment, screening, therapy, and follow-up. Additional responsibilities include organising schedules in accordance with the protocol, timely and accurate data collection, completing relevant training (e.g., Psychedelic Therapy, GCP), and, if applicable, supervision to junior members of the therapy team. Previous training or experience with the approach to psychedelic therapy is ideal but not required.
The post holders will be required to complete home-based training, as well as attend shadowing sessions at MAC Clinical Research Centre, Merseyside during June 2022.
Further duties will/may include:
• To oversee the therapeutic components of the trial design
• To teach and provide mentorship for junior members of the therapist and clinical teams
• To co-ordinate the care of their own caseload of clinical trial patients
• To liaise with patients and their care teams
• To screen patients into the relevant clinical trial
• To maintain good communication with nursing and clinical staff, ensure they are aware of the sensitivities involved in a psychedelic trial
• To work with patients through therapy and trial follow-up
• To undertake relevant training
• Take an active role in the setting up and coordination of a clinical research study
• To ensure the validity and reliability of data at all times
• To maintain accurate and complete recordings of all findings
• To assist with the publication of findings
• To run questionnaires and interviews with patients
• Ensure that both trainee and trained therapists are monitored and provided with support, where necessary, to deliver the Small Pharma Model with minimal drift
• Contribute to the overall strategy for the continued development of the Small Pharma Training Programme
• Plan and produce training materials, including presentations, videos, experiential learning exercises and formative and summative assessments
• Core profession in mental health eg psychologist, counsellor, accredited psychological therapist, psychiatric nurse, psychiatrist, mental health social worker
• Post qualification experience
• Experience of working with patients who present with complex mental health needs
• Experience of the provision of training and mentoring/supervision
You must be a registered UKCP or BACP therapist or relevant equivalent, with relevant therapy training. You must have experience as a psychotherapist or equivalent working with patients with depression (inpatient or outpatient), and at least some knowledge of the therapeutic action of psychedelic drugs. It is also essential that you have skills in the rapid development of rapport with patients, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, can take a leadership role in collaborating with clinical and research teams, and are able to collect, organise and record data in a timely and reliable fashion. Finally, it is essential that you demonstrate an ability to prioritise your own work in response to deadlines, to be open-minded and cooperative, and be warm, empathetic and caring towards trial participants
All candidates must be registered self-employed either through a limited company or as a sole-trader. Contracts will be made with MAC and payment will be done by sending monthly invoices to MAC.
The 2 full-time posts are for 5 days per week, fixed term from 1st Jul 2022 until 1st Jan 2023, with the possibility of extending.
A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, at the appropriate level, will be required for the successful candidates.
To apply for either role, please send a cover letter and your CV to Dr Tiffanie Benway on email@example.com and Dr Zelah Joel on firstname.lastname@example.org.